- To engage in different legal and policy research on different connected issues impacting cybercrimes in India;
- To track the growing trend of cyber criminal activities in the Indian sub-continent;
- To look up in the cybercrime reporting efficacy in the country and to research on ways on making cybercrimes reporting more effective in India;
- To track the distinctive challenges faced by cyber criminals as also by law enforcement agencies in the detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrimes;
- To keep track of important cases and judgments given in cybercrime matters in India;
- To assist law enforcement agencies in the legal and policy aspects pertaining to the detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrimes;
- To forge international collaboration with international stakeholders concerning the cybercrime ecosystem in India in the context of cybercrime detection, investigation and prosecution in India;
- To help facilitate cybercrime victims on dealing with the distinctive challenges concerning detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrimes.
The India Cybercrime Centre will aim to develop the evolving jurisprudence on cybercrimes and also will aim to look at all kinds of cybercrimes which are targeted against persons, property or nations.
One of the objectives of the India Cybercrime Centre is to empower the users of Internet in India. They would able to be more sensitized about the emerging trends on cybercrime. Cybercrime today is evolving as part of our day-to-day lives. Cybercrime is an hourly phenomenon and therefore legal mechanisms and strategies have to be appropriately so as to deal with emerging challenges on cybercrime.
The India Cybercrime Centre will also engage in research and development of emerging cybercrime jurisprudence that is happening worldwide and how the same could be made applicable in the context of the Indian ecosystem.
The India Cybercrime Centre would also be engaging in capacity building and contributing to trainings on legal and policy issues pertaining to cybercrime and what strategies need to be adopted by the law-enforcement agencies in going forward in the detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrimes.
It is expected that the India Cybercrime Centre will aim to contribute the fight against cybercrime in India.